top of page

Group

Public·180 members

The Neighbor from Hell Series: Why You Should Read Checkmate by R L Mathewson

Checkmate by R L Mathewson: A Neighbor from Hell Romance

If you are looking for a hilarious and steamy contemporary romance that will make you laugh out loud and swoon over the characters, then you might want to check out Checkmate by R L Mathewson. This is the third book in her Neighbor from Hell series, which features hot and funny alpha males who fall in love with their feisty and sassy neighbors. In this book, we meet Connor O'Neil and Rory James, who have been enemies since childhood and are now forced to work together on a dream project. But what happens when their hate turns into something else? Read on to find out more about this book and why you should give it a try!

Free Download Of Checkmate By R L Mathewson.rar

Download File: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlcod.com%2F2ucZOb&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw3FmmAmIIeQY36NgU6I1nEi

The Plot of Checkmate

Summary

Rory James is a talented architect who has always dreamed of restoring an old mansion and turning it into a bed and breakfast. When she gets the opportunity to do so, she is ecstatic, until she finds out that she has to share the project with Connor O'Neil, her childhood nemesis and next-door neighbor. Connor is also an architect, but he is more interested in making money than preserving history. He agrees to work with Rory only because he needs her expertise and because he has a secret crush on her.

As they start working together, they realize that they have more in common than they thought. They both love hot cocoa, they both have a passion for their work, and they both have a wicked sense of humor. They also discover that they have an undeniable attraction for each other, which leads to some steamy encounters and some hilarious situations. But can they overcome their past grudges and their present differences? Can they trust each other with their hearts? And can they finish the project without killing each other?

Characters

The main characters of Checkmate are Connor O'Neil and Rory James, who are both complex and likable characters. Connor is a handsome and successful architect who has a reputation for being a ladies' man and a jerk. He is arrogant, stubborn, and competitive, but he also has a soft side that he shows only to Rory. He is protective, caring, and loyal to his family and friends. He has been secretly in love with Rory since they were kids, but he never acted on his feelings because he was afraid of rejection and because he enjoyed teasing her.

Rory is a beautiful and talented architect who has a passion for history and preservation. She is smart, independent, and feisty, but she also has a vulnerable side that she hides behind her sarcasm and anger. She has been hurt by her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and by her father who abandoned her. She has a hard time trusting men and opening up to them. She has always hated Connor for his pranks and insults, but she also feels a strong attraction to him that she can't deny.

Themes

Some of the main themes and messages in Checkmate are:

• The power of love: The book shows how love can heal wounds, overcome obstacles, and change people for the better. Connor and Rory learn to let go of their past hurts and fears and embrace their feelings for each other. They also learn to compromise, communicate, and support each other.

• The importance of humor: The book is full of witty dialogue, hilarious situations, and funny banter that lighten the mood and make the characters more relatable. Humor is also a way for Connor and Rory to cope with their problems and to bond with each other.

• The value of family and friends: The book portrays the role of family and friends in the lives of the characters. Connor and Rory have a close-knit group of relatives and buddies who care for them, tease them, and help them. They also become part of each other's families and friends, which strengthens their relationship.

The Review of Checkmate

Opinion

In my opinion, Checkmate is a great book that delivers on its promise of being a fun and sexy romance. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish and I found myself laughing out loud and rooting for the characters. I think that R L Mathewson has a gift for writing humorous and engaging stories that capture the reader's attention and emotions. I also think that she has a knack for creating realistic and lovable characters that have chemistry and depth. I liked how she balanced the comedy and the drama, the romance and the conflict, and the sweetness and the spice in this book.

Rating

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars based on the following criteria:

Writing Style

Humor

Romance

Characters

Plot

4/5

5/5

4/5

4/5

4/5

Recommendations

If you liked Checkmate, you might also like:

• The other books in the Neighbor from Hell series by R L Mathewson, such as Playing for Keeps, Perfection, Truce, etc.

• The Pucked series by Helena Hunting, which is another hilarious and steamy contemporary romance series that features hockey players and their love interests.

• The Tangled series by Emma Chase, which is another funny and sexy contemporary romance series that is told from the male point of view.

The Author of Checkmate

Biography

R L Mathewson is a New York Times bestselling author who was born in Massachusetts. She is known for her humor, quick wit, and ability to write relatable characters. She currently has several paranormal and contemporary romance series published, including the Neighbor from Hell series. Growing up, R L Mathewson was a painfully shy bookworm. After high school, she attended college, worked as a bellhop, fast food cook, and a museum worker until she decided to take an EMT course. Working as an EMT helped her get over her shyness as well as left her with some fond memories and some rather disturbing ones that from time to time show up in one of her books. Today, R L Mathewson is the single mother of two children that keep her on her toes. She has a bit of a romance novel addiction as well as a major hot chocolate addiction and on a perfect day, she combines the two.

Other Works

Some of R L Mathewson's other popular books and series are:

• The Pyte/Sentinel Series: A paranormal romance series that features immortal warriors who protect humans from vampires.

• The Hollywood Heart Series: A contemporary romance series that follows the lives and loves of Hollywood celebrities.

• The EMS Series: A contemporary romance series that revolves around emergency medical technicians.

paranormal romance series that features cursed men who find their mates.

Contact

If you want to know more about R L Mathewson and her books, you can visit her website at https://www.rlmathewson.com/ or follow her on social media:

• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/R.L.Mathewson

• Twitter: https://twitter.com/RL_Mathewson

• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/r.l.mathewson/

• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4172436.R_L_Mathewson

The Conclusion of Checkmate

To sum up, Checkmate by R L Mathewson is a highly entertaining and enjoyable contemporary romance that will make you laugh, cry, and swoon. It has a captivating plot, lovable characters, witty humor, and sizzling romance. It is the third book in the Neighbor from Hell series, but it can be read as a standalone. If you are a fan of this genre, you should definitely give this book a try. You won't regret it!

Thank you for reading this article. I hope you found it informative and helpful. If you have any thoughts, comments, or questions about this book or this article, please feel free to share them below. I would love to hear from you!

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some common questions that readers might have about Checkmate by R L Mathewson:

• How many books are there in the Neighbor from Hell series?

There are currently 10 books in the series, plus a few novellas and short stories. The latest book is The Promise, which was released in 2020.

• Do I need to read the books in order?

No, you don't. Each book focuses on a different couple and has a complete story arc. However, you might enjoy the books more if you read them in order, as there are some recurring characters and references to previous events.

• What is the reading level of this book?

This book is suitable for adult readers who enjoy contemporary romance with humor and steam. It contains explicit language and sexual scenes that might not be appropriate for younger or more sensitive readers.

• Where can I get a copy of this book?

You can get a copy of this book from various online platforms such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play, etc. You can also check your local library or bookstore for availability.

• Is this book available in other formats or languages?

This book is available in ebook, paperback, and audiobook formats. It is also translated into several languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, etc.

71b2f0854b

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup

©2020 by Lion Design. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page